In order to strike a healthy balance between promotional and social content on FetLife, we mark certain profiles as commercial.
We also do this to give each member the opportunity to curate their own experience.
What is considered a Commercial Profile?
Profiles are considered commercial when they include references to selling or promoting. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Online services (i.e. pay-per-view, subscriptions, camming, etc.)
- Virtual or physical goods (i.e. custom videos, toys, clothing, etc.)
What is not considered a Commercial Profile?
- Events (e.g. munches, parties, etc.)
- Small craft commissions (e.g. leatherworking, etc.)
- Rehoming of previously owned items (e.g. selling used flogger)
What does it mean when a profile is marked as commercial?
- Any member can choose to see or not see commercial profiles in the following places: (note: commercial profiles are visible by default)
- Profiles marked as commercials are not shown in recommendations
- When pre-moderation for commercial profiles is enabled in a group, group posts by commercial profiles need to be approved by a group leader before the post is visible to everyone
How do I know if my profile is marked as commercial?
You can check if you are marked as a Commercial Profile at any time by:
- Viewing your account settings
- If your profile is marked as a commercial profile, you will see a notification underneath 2FA. If you don’t see anything, your profile is not marked as commercial.
What if I am incorrectly marked as commercial?
Please email us at email@example.com, and we’ll look into it.
How do I report a potential commercial profile?
You can report a potential commercial profile as follows:
On Desktop or Mobile:
- Visit the page with potential commercial content
- Select “Options” or “…”
- Select "Report"
- Select "Content is not permitted."
- Select "Next"
- Provide why you believe the material should not be allowed
- Select "Report"
For more general information on reporting, please visit: Submitting a Report.
Who can report a potential commercial profile?
Anyone who comes across a potential commercial profile.