How do I secure my account with a strong password?
The following guidelines are essential for having a safe browsing experience across all password protected sites you use. We highly recommend doing all of the below:
- Choose unique passwords for each site that require a password
- Use a password manager to keep track of your passwords (for example: 1Password or LastPass). These password managers will also automatically tell you if a site has been compromised so that you can change your password on that site!
- Keep your passwords private and share them with no one, not even your partner!
- When creating a password, use a password generator to help you and:
- Avoid common words and character combinations
- The longer the password, the better! A minimum of 8 characters is a good start
- Use a combination of letters (both capitalized and lowercase), numbers, and symbols
Even when you manage your passwords well, there’s still a small chance of them being compromised (e.g. people with access to your devices). So we recommend securing your account even more by setting up Two-Factor Authentication (2FA).