- Focus on projects that have the highest impact on the community relative to effort.
- Make incremental experience refinements where the improvement is worth the relearning.
- Listen to our members, understand where they are coming from, and then over-deliver.
- Be an active member of FetLife so that you can better empathize with other members.
- Be inspired by the community and its beautiful diversity.
Work Hard, Work Smart
- Never stop looking for a better solution.
- It is okay to make mistakes, just always make sure to learn from them.
- Focus on our mission and goals, don’t get caught up in tasks.
- Diagnose problems to get to the root cause.
- Make sure to re-question assumptions.
- When dealing with the same issue multiple times, find a permanent solution.
- Take pride in, and ownership of, whatever you’re working on.
- Don’t worry about looking good - worry about achieving our goals.
- Always work on improving yourself and your craft.
Teamwork Makes The Dream Work
- Hold each other to high standards and work through any disagreements.
- Have thoughtful disagreements to both learn from, and increase the odds of, making good decisions.
- Disagree, but when a decision has been made, move forward united as one team.
- Team morale and smooth functioning take precedence over your need to be right - besides, you could be wrong.
- If you run into a problem, reach out to someone who has the authority to solve your problem. Never complain or gossip.
- Hold yourself and the people around you accountable, and appreciate the people around you for holding you accountable.
Communicate, Communicate, Communicate
- Without exception, be respectful to each member of the team.
- Listen and try to understand everyone’s viewpoint before reacting.
- Be truthful and straightforward in your feedback with everyone.
- Have strong opinions weakly held, while remaining open-minded.
- Provide constant and accurate feedback to your teammates and the organization.
Do the Right Thing
- Do it right, or don’t do it at all.
- Doing the right thing is almost always more important than following a process.
- Quickly recognize and admit mistakes when you’ve made them.
- If something goes wrong, don't pass the buck, take responsibility.
- Never put comfort ahead of success, it produces worse results for everyone.